Lake Pointe MUD (the “District”) is seeking volunteer candidates to serve as the District’s appointee to the Board of Directors of the West Travis County Public Utility Agency (“PUA”). Directors for the PUA are unpaid volunteers.
The terms of the Director position begins April 1, 2020 and lasts until the end of the fiscal year ending September 30, 2020.
Generally, candidates must be willing to spend a minimum of 1 to 3 business days per month in meetings on behalf of the PUA. Candidates can expect to spend another 6-12 hours preparing for each Board meeting. Once appointed, the Directors shall meet regularly with the Board of Directors of the District to receive input and direction for the operation of the PUA. Candidates should meet the following criteria:
- a person shall be at least 18 years old,
- a resident citizen of the State of Texas, and
- either own land within the service area of the PUA in Travis County or be a qualified voter within Travis County and a customer of the PUA.
The following disqualify a person from serving as a Director:
- the person is related within the third degree of affinity or consanguinity to a developer of property in the PUA, any other member of the board, or the manager, engineer, attorney, or other person providing professional services to the PUA;
- the person is an employee of any developer of property within the PUA service area or any director, manager, engineer, attorney, or other person providing professional services to the PUA or a developer of property within the service area of the PUA;
- the person is a developer of property within the service area of the PUA;
- the person is serving as an attorney, consultant, engineer, manager, architect, or in some other professional capacity for the PUA;
- the person is a party to a contract with or along with the PUA except for the purchase of public services furnished by the PUA to the public generally; or
- during the term of office, fails to maintain the qualifications required by law to serve as a director.
The West Travis County Public Utility Agency is the operating entity for a publicly owned water and wastewater utility that serves western Travis and northern Hays Counties. Services are provided for roughly, 6,400 retail water customers; 1,900 retail wastewater customers; 13 wholesale water customers, and two (2) wholesale wastewater customers. Currently the Agency provides water and sewer services to an estimated population of 25,000 persons. The Lake Pointe MUD may remove the appointee from the position office at any time, with or without cause.
To download our application, please click here. Once you’ve completed this form, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions due by March 11, 2020.